GETTING A SCOOTER OR POWERCHAIR ON MOTABILITY
Are you thinking about getting a mobility scooter or powered wheelchair using Motability?
We can help. We have a large range of products available and our team are on hand to make sure we find the right product for you. We will guide you through the application and have you out and about in no time at all.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible to join the scheme if you receive any of the following:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component
- of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
If you are unsure if you qualify give us a call (01754 882327) or go to www.motability.co.uk.
WHATS INCLUDED IN YOUR WORRY-FREE PACKAGE?
With Motability you not only get a scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice you also get the worry-free package.
- A NEW scooter or powered wheelchair every three years
There is a large range of products to choose from, most of which cost less than your allowance, so there is bound to be one to suit your needs and budget.
- Help from a specialist dealers
At Seacroft Mobility, our team of advisors have attended specialist training and are continually updated to ensure we are up to date with the latest aspects of the scheme. Please feel free to contact us if you require any information or advice.
- Comprehensive Insurance through RSA Motability
You are covered in case of accident, damage or theft of the product, with no excess to pay. The insurance also covers any damage to other products, property or people caused by your scooter or powerchair.
- Breakdown assistance from Motability Assist
Motability Assist will take you and your product back to your home address if you have an accident or breakdown during your day to day activities. If you are on holiday or away from home with your product and need assistance, Motability Assist will take you and your product back to your local accommodation (UK only).
- Service, maintenance and repairs
If you break down or get a puncture simply give us a call and we will get you safely on your way. We will also perform a yearly service on your scooter or powered wheelchair to ensure it is running smoothly.
- Tyres and battery replacement
There is no need to worry about punctures or damage to your tyres as they are repaired or replaced whenever there is a problem. If you are unable to get home because of a puncture, Mobility Assist will help get you and your scooter or powerchair home where you can call us and arrange for us to repair it for you.
Your scooter will come with batteries as standard so you only have to remember to keep it charged. Your advisor will show you how to ensure your battery lasts as long as possible. If anything does go wrong through normal everyday use, it will be replaced, free of charge.
- Adaptations, many at no extra cost
If you need additional adaptations, we will be able to discuss prices and details. All scooters come with a weatherproof cover as standard, so your scooter stays dry – whatever the weather.
ARRANGING A HOME VISIT
To ensure that the product you choose fits your needs one of our team will bring a selection of scooters or powered wheelchairs to your home. This will allow you to try the equipment in your day to day surroundings where any difficulties can be overcome.
Give your nearest branch a call to arrange an appointment or call in and discuss things with a member of our team.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOUR HOME VISIT
- Your height and weight
- Your weekly rental budget
- How far do you tend to travel?
- Could your disability affect your ability to get on and off the equipment?
- Do you have full use of your hands for control?
- Will you need to travel on public roads?
- Are there high kerbs to negotiate on your typical journey?
- Will you have to negotiate steep hills?
- How much shopping are you likely to need to carry?
- Does the equipment need to be transported in a car?
- Is there somewhere to store it, where you can charge it?
- Will you need to use it around your home?
- Are there any accessories or adaptations you may need?
- Do you think that your health is likely to deteriorate over the term of the lease?
Please find below a downloadable Test Drive Check-List to help you find the perfect scooter.